December 8, 2019 Hello! Welcome to my fifth ever post on megan's media rants!! :) Today I will be talking about a commercial I saw on TV. It was an ad for Peloton that my brother had said caused a whole bunch of controvercity. It had a woman go through a year with a Peloton bike, and the controversy was apparently over the fact that she was already super thin. People said that it was offensive and rude for the husband to give a bike to make her get in shape if she's already in shape. When I watched the commercial I really didn't see the problem. It wasn't offencive to me and I was trying to look for the issue in it. I know that people who work out usually like getting gifts like that for Christmas, so I just interpreted it that way. To be honest when I first watched the commercial I thought the contorvercity was going to be over the gross portrait mode of filming so there were two black bars on either side but I guess I'm the only one with a problem about that. This connects to what we did in class this week because this ad was placed in a sports game. The Peloton bike is for getting in shape and if you think about it, a lot of sports fans eat unhealthy while watching games. This ad could be targeting those who want to work out more and be like their idols. See you next time on megan's media rants!
Caption: Monica Ruiz in the Peloton ad called "The Gift That Gives Back."

Comments

  1. Yeah, I have had that same feeling about these "controversies" in regards to media in general. It's almost as if people are making up issues that aren't really there. Finally found someone who has this same view, I feel like everyone is trying to find an issue with everything nowadays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sue sylvester

my relationship with media

Reflection