ads ads ads...

December 11, 2019 Hello world. So we have been doing this assignment for 3 or 4 weeks now, and I don't think I'll ever be able to see ads the same way. I was watching TV and an ad came on for a cars. Instead of just watching the commercial or going on my phone, I watched the whole ad and noticed that they were using magic words like "the fastest" and "the most innovated". I was on Instagram the next day and an ad for Glossier came up. Instead of just scrolling past, I watched the whole video and noticed that they were attempting to appeal to aesthetics with all of their pink and sparkly products. I no longer see an ad, I suddenly see the ways a brand is trying to get my attention and who they think I am based on the ads that pop up for me. I order the books we need for HISP on Amazon on my phone, and all of a sudden they assume I like reading and send me ads for different books and audio-book subscriptions. It's just interesting to see what types of ads pop up on my phone now because I can see what the database thinks about me. I don't think I'll be able to see an ad the same way again.
Image result for someone watching tv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sue sylvester

my relationship with media

Reflection