my relationship with media

November 11, 2019 Hello! Welcome to my first ever post on megan's media rants!! :) Today I will be talking about my personal interactions with media! Currently I spend about 5 hours a day on technology. This time could be spent watching a TV show, Youtube video, typing up an assignment, or reading a news article, it depends on the day. Most often, my interaction with media consists of Netflix. This is a negative relationship with media because I become distracted and stay up too late watching stupid TV sitcoms that will never help me, besides obtaining trivia knowledge. While media in this form can be very harmful, other types of media can be extremely beneficial. If you have a smartphone, you can now access news from all over the world at the touch of a screen. While media can be harmful, it can also be really fun and beneficial. I guess this would be an "It's complicated" relationship with media.
Image result for media

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered how people are able to spend so much time on social media, watching Netflix, or even just browsing the internet. I am amazed that kids, especially now that we're all in high school, can have all this time on their hands. This just makes it seem like other people have so much more time than I do, and makes me question whether I'm doing something wrong. And I envy people like this, since I've never really sat down and relaxed for hours. However, this is probably because I'm a perfectionist and if I know that something is due, even if it's a week away, I'll feel inclined to get it done. As a result, it always seems like I have work to do. Also, my parents probably wouldn't let me watch Netflix all day anyways, as it is kind of bad to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sue sylvester

Reflection